I just realized I have never put together a list of who I follow and read when it comes to Local SEO. I have to say that a lot of what I know about local SEO has to do with these people and their blogs. If it wasn’t for them openly sharing their local SEO gems a lot of small businesses and local SEO’ers would be lost. The local SEO’er community is so giving, supportive & passionate about what they do!
I just wanted to take a moment to give a shout out and personally thank them for being such great contributors to local search marketing. I highly recommend you subscribe to each of their RSS Feeds and follow them on your favorite social like: Twitter, LinkedIN, YouTube or Facebook because they are brilliant when it comes to local SEO.
This list of Local SEO’ers is in no particular order and if you think I forgot to mention someone who is a local SEO’er genius (like the group below) be sure to add them to the list by adding your comments below.
The Ultimate List of Local SEO’ers:
- David Mihm -> David also publishes the “Local Search Ranking Factors” every year, which is must read for every local SEO’er.
- Mike Blumenthal -> Mike has to be one of the most active bloggers on Local Search, particular Google Places/Maps.
- Patrick Sexton
- Matt McGee
- Andrew Shotland
- Miriam Ellis
- Don Campbell -> also check out what Don is doing at My Reviews
- Steve Hatcher
- Mike Ramsey
- Mary Bowling
- Dev Basu
- Darren Shaw -> Be sure to check out his citation tool too.
- Mike Belasco -> Be sure to check out their new 7-Pack analyzer
- Jim Rudnick
- Dr. Pete -> Check out this cool tool they have.
- Martijn Beijk
- Ed Reese
- Greg Sterling
- Chris Silver Smith
- Caroline Melberg
- Larry Sullivan
- Tim Coleman
- Tom Crandall
- Nina Hale
- Ramit Narang
- Linda Buquet
- Chris Piepho
- Nyagoslav Zhekov
And note if you need local SEO services we offer that too