It is no great secret that all business owners seek their chosen profession in the efforts of making a living and a profit. And, the last thing any small business wants to face, are expenditures on resources that aren’t providing a sizeable return. However; the flip side would reveal, is that if your public is unaware of what your business does and how it is your services can improve their lives, then this also is a proverbial shot in the foot. So, what do you do?
The introduction of “Explainer Videos” have seemingly taking the online business world by storm. But, as illustrated by Neil Patel in the post Stop Creating Explainer Videos, You’re Doing It All Wrong!, mapping your approach to this new found marketing frontier, is your first step towards greener pastures.
What are “Explainer Videos”
An explainer video is an online visual resource that explains what your products and services are to potential customers and why it is “that they have to have it”. The main purpose of such a tool is to (hopefully) improve your business’ conversion rate in addition to proper web design.
The Plain Truth
Many businesses that adopt this strategy of using “Explainer Videos” don’t necessarily reap the fruits of their labours, for the simple fact that they are doing it incorrectly. Like all marketing ventures the objective is to cut to the chase and give reason for why it is your products or services are the best. These videos are designed to address the questions and concerns of your prospective clients. Do it correctly and expect a boost in your conversion rate. Do it wrong and well…
How Does A Business Do An “Explainer Video” Correctly?
This answer to this can be broken down into 6 Steps.
Step 1: Map Out What It Is You Wish To Say
This sounds pretty obvious but, it needs to be emphasized. The best means to go about do this, is to write the script yourself. You can certainly commission someone else to do this for you. But remember – “No one knows your business better than yourself”
Step 2: Do Some Ground Work Before Diving Into Your Script’s Pitch
Make an effort to strike up a dialog with your existing clients. Ask for their feedback to your business.
Ask them things such as:
- What it is they’d like to see on your webpage page?
- What’s the # 1 reason they could see that may stop someone from buying?
- What’s are their concerns about your products or services?
- Is there anything that can be perceived as confusing or unnecessary of your webpage?
- What is the main thing that needs to be addressed?
Step 3: Learn How To Write A Great Script
- Intro – state what the business does
- Explain why this is great service for them
- Use segues
- Showcase the features and benefits of your business
- Get people to buy into your business
- Put their minds at each by answering their questions and apprehensions
- Seal the deal with proof (social proof)
Step 4: Get Someone to Pitch This For You
- Choose the right voice over for your business. The right voice may make all the difference.
Step 5: Find The Right Company to Create the Video
- Remember that whom ever you choose for this project will be representing you and your business. So, choose carefully.
Step 6: A/B Test Your “Explainer Video”
- Spend the money necessary to tweak your video. By A/B testing you will stand a greater chance to maximise your conversion.