This is an awesome clinic by marketingexperiments.com and every SMB should watch his free recorded webinar. It is chalked full of great tips on way to improve your website’s conversions.
Here are some ‘take-aways’ from the conversion optimization video:
- headlines are essential
- load time of page is important
- forms – keep them short, the shorter the better
- make the eye path is logical
- simplify objectives
- watch negative tone
- make your Call-to-Action (CTA) clear
- remove media distractions (don’t allow put auto-play videos and audio on your site)
- watch disorganized content
Remember that prospects and website visitor’s ask themselves 3 things:
- Where am I?
- What can I do here?
- Why should I do it?
Each page on your site needs to answer those questions. If they do not, then re-work your sales copy to answer those 3 core questions.
One of my favorite quotes was: “Friction does not occur on a page, it occurs in the mind of the prospect.”
What was one of your favorite quotes from this conversion optimization webinar? Let us know in the comment section below.