Watch the above video to learn how to post a review for any local business in the new Google+ Local (formally known as Google Places or Google Maps). Reviewing a small business really does wonders for their business.
If a small business owner sends you this video or this pdf, be sure to take 5 minutes to post a review for them. If you need some reason’s why it’s important that you leave a review about your local businesses, just read these 12 review statitics (snagged from a great post searchenginepeople.com here) on how reviews effect comsumers buy from a small business.
12 Important Reasons Why Leaving a Review For Your Local Businesses Helps!
- Traffic to the top 10 review sites grew on average 158% last year (Compete.com)
- 97% who made a purchase based on an online review found the review to be accurate (Comscore/The Kelsey Group, Oct. 2007)
- 92% have more confidence in info found online than they do in anything from a salesclerk or other source (Wall Street Journal, Jan 2009)
- 90% of online consumers trust recommendations from people they know; 70% trust unknown users, 27% trust experts, 14% trust advertising, 8% trust celebrities (Econsultancy, July 2009, Erik Qualman, Socialnomics)
- 75% of people don’t believe that companies tell the truth in advertisements (Yankelovich)
- 70% consult reviews or ratings before purchasing (BusinessWeek, Oct. 2008)
- 7 in 10 who read reviews share them with friends, family & colleagues thus amplifying their impact (Deloitte & Touche, Sept. 2007)
- 51% of consumers use the Internet even before making a purchase in shops (Verdict Research, May 2009)
- 45% say they are influenced a fair amount or a great deal by reviews on social sites from people they follow (46% say reviews in newspaper or magazine influence them.) (Harris Poll, April 2010)
- 34% have turned to social media to air their feelings about a company. 26% to express dissatisfaction, 23% to share companies or products they like. (Harris Poll, April 2010)
- Why do they share? 46% feel they can be brutally honest on the Internet. 38% aim to influence others when they express their preferences online (Harris Poll, April 2010)
- Reviews on a site can boost conversion +20% (Bazaarvoice.com/resources/stats ‘Conversion Results’)
If you are a small business and you are looking for a free tutorial you can send your customers/clients on how to review your business feel free to send them this video here or download this pdf and send that to them too.